AMPATH-WSU Sprint 3 Retrospective

Hello dear readers. Welcome again to my blog. This blog won’t be for the patterns I have been writing about, but for the progress of me and my team in our Capstone Class. It is exciting to see that things are progressing and we are moving forward with this project.

As I mentioned at the end of the last blog, (AMPATH-WSU Sprint 2 Retrospective) we received videos and actual output samples of how the new application should look like. I think that this is a very important step and want to say that I think it should have been sent earlier to us, as for a long time we kept researching about the tools we were gonna use and to be honest it got a little bit boring as I was really was looking forward to this part of the process. It’s true that in order for you to start working on a project you should know the tools and systems but I also believe in the theory where you also learn while working on it.

So during this sprint we took our time to watch the videos and after we made sure we all had seen and understood the videos and the requirements, we created Zeplin accounts. For all of you who don’t know Zeplin, Zeplin is a collaboration tool for UI designers and front end developers. It goes beyond the design workflow and helps teams with the design. I had never used Zeplin before but I found very useful in sorting the project and handling off designs. Recommended if you ever do front end development!

A Github section was created for all WSU participating in this project and each of the teams created their own branch. We discussed if each of us should have their own branch but we ended up in the conclusion that it would be very messed up for each of us to have their own branch pulled from master, so a branch per team was the final decision. However, each one of us could create its own branch from the team branch and that would be great in case any of us wanted to experiment. we left the option available  to whoever wanted to do so.

After we created our branch we choose our task to do, which is a search bar.  Something I really would like to point out is the team environment we have. We all are very communicative and express ourselves and our opinions. For us it was easy to agree on the search bar as a start up to do task for this project.As a lot of steps on this process don’t depend on us I would say that everything is going fine and I wouldn’t change anything if I was back in the same situation.

While working on the search bar we keep checking with our teammates and how is the progress going. I am really glad we haven’t really been facing any major issues and our team is working strongly together. I am really looking forward to getting the search bar done and move on to the next task. Stay tuned for my next blog post to see what happens. Until then..Have a good time 🙂